Gord’s early business experience started in 1977 in a Family run Restaurant Operation & evolved to long term Retail Management positions. In 1991 – with the encouragement of a Family Realtor friend – Gord started the Educational Courses & in July 1992 became a Licensed Realtor with Century 21 Dome Realty in Saskatoon. In the 20 + years to follow, Gord has been recognized with many National & International Awards with Century 21 & from 2001 - 2011 had consistently maintained “Top Producer” Status with Saskatchewan’s Largest Independent Real Estate Firm – Hallmark Realty. Currently working with Repco Realty Saskatoon, Gord & Matt benefit from an Independance and many Technological advantages. With Repco Realty, the Brown's employ a 'hands on' approach that allows them the most efficient working partnership in the business.
Gord & Dixie are proud parents of Matt, Jessica & Hailey and as a family spent much time in Hockey rinks , Dance Studios & Horse Back Riding Arenas. Competitive Hockey had the Family travelling the Country to many National Championships with the Saskatoon Contacts & Humboldt Broncos, as well as trips to Provincial’s & Western Canadians in Girl’s Fastball. Currently the pace has slowed & the family is adjusting to enjoying the Grandkids (Brydan, AudreyAnne, Quinn & Dexter - not to forget our Beautiful Niece Jade).
Little Known Facts:
· Both of Gord’s Parents were born & raised in Prince Edward Island. Although Gord spent his life growing up in Saskatchewan & Manitoba he is very proud of his Island roots. In Gord’s many visits to P.E.I. the Standout feature of Islanders has always been there Generosity & Kind Spirit.
· Gord spent his High School years in Winnipeg graduating from John Taylor Collegiate. After Graduating in 1976 the Brown’s moved to Selkirk Manitoba to open a Family run Restaurant.
· In 1979 Gord returned to Saskatoon where he spent his Elementary School Days and rekindled relationships with many old friends. Gord married Dixie in 1981 and together restarted a new branch of “the Brown” Tree.
· Both of Gord’s Parents spent the majority of their careers in the Banking Business with Mom - Anne working at T.D. Bank in Saskatoon and C.I.B.C. in Winnipeg as a Personal Banking Rep. Gord’s Dad Don was in Management positions at the C.I.B.C. in Moose Jaw & Aberdeen before joining a Real Estate firm (Lily Agencies) in Saskatoon in 1965 and soon after moving on to Banking & Sales positions in Regina & Winnipeg.
· In 2003 the Brown’s travelled to Charlottetown P.E.I. to watch their son Matt play in the Royal Bank Cup. With over 35 Aunt’s, Uncle’s & Cousin’s in attendance the Humboldt Bronco’s defeated the Camrose Kodiaks to win the Junior ‘A’ National Championship. Matt’s Captain Jersey was sent to the Hockey Hall of Fame for a 5 year stay with the Royal Bank Cup Display.